Friday, March 14, 2008

Happy Pi Day

Happy March 14! In the USA this is written as 3/14, thus Pi. Perhaps I can have some Pie for desert tonight. I am altering the time of the post so it appears that the post was posted on: 3/14 1:59 to add more significant digits.

It strikes me that in other countries where they write the date before the month (14/3), there is no such thing as a Pi day, as there is never a 14th month. Hmmmm.

Enjoy some mathematics and deserts today!

Also, Happy Birthday Mary Ann!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay for pi day! I enjoyed a slice of key lime for breakfast in celebration. I hope you enjoy many slices of pie today. Don't forget pizza pie or shepherd's pie for meal options, too.

It strikes me that we have a second pi day as well on July 22d.

There can never be enough pie.

Sci-Fi Laura said...

That would be a Pi day that they have in countries with the date written first 22/7! Nice catch Shannon.

Anonymous said...

Laura, Laura, Laura....

How could you forget it's also Albert Einstein's birthday.

I am SO disappointed.

*duck*

:)

Philip

R. Glipglorp said...

Pizza pie was had!

Blueberry and strawberry-rhubarb pie was had!

Yay pi(e)!